fatfingershell ?

pike pike-openmoko at kw.nl
Thu Sep 24 17:17:04 CEST 2009

Hi

>> - a 3rd keyboard for special chars
>>    (1 is keys, 2 is numbers, 3 is "*") -
>>    I'm short on screen estate already :-)
>
> I would like to see a third keyboard that is programmable.  That way,
> I could have a "Call" key that types the word "call ".

I was dreaming about the same thing .. if you
stretch that concept, instead of a keyboard,
you would have more of a push-button interface
to control a terminal. and you can switch back
to a normal keyboard to just start typing
old style.

I doesnt seem to hard too. i just peeked around,
but in the code where char *keyreleased() is
defined, the key sent to the terminal is a
asci code taken from an array that is
read from the config file on startup.
if that could be  a string instead of a asci
char .. the rest would up to the designers of
a layout.

excited,
*-pike