Qi - why only 3 partitions on SD card?

Paul Fertser fercerpav at gmail.com
Sat Sep 26 10:11:15 CEST 2009

"Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller" <hns at computer.org> writes:
>> To a user, it might look like this:
>> - U-boot wasn't working correctly with newer (bigger) kernels, so
>> the developer(s) abandoned it
>> - instead they created Qi to be newer, better, faster and so on
>> - Qi isn't living up to promises for users
>>
>> I'm not saying that such a view is correct, but that is how it can
>> look like from a users view.
>
> What I wonder is why nobody did fix u-boot if it had problems with
> bigger kernels.

It didn't.

> Maybe, the better path would have been to integrate more OM-u-boot
> back into official u-boot and work on the general limitations instead
> of starting a new project (Qi).

General limitation of u-boot is different ideology behind the
project. Please take a look at coreboot[1] to understand what i mean.

Also please see my other mail for additional information about why
some developers think that u-boot is more hassle than win.

[1] http://www.coreboot.org/FAQ
mailto:fercerpav at gmail.com