Mokomaze and incoming call

ANT ant007h at gmail.com
Sun Sep 27 11:30:42 CEST 2009

Hi, Laszlo,

>could it be modified in a way,
>when an incoming call happens, it stops itself (like when you touch on
>the screen), to prevent CPU abuse?

I think this can be done easily and in a platform-independent way: it is
needed to pause the game when window looses focus (SDL_ACTIVEEVENT).

>And btw, what happened with the mokomaze's dreams like:
>* 2 player mode (I play, then i pass to her to play, then I play again)
>* number of lives
>* some score system
>* some cheetings
>* enemy ball or teleport doors or having multiple balls when you hit
>a magic hole, just like what flippers do.

I suppose that overwhelming majority of the core features is already
implemented. I continue to support the game to make it compatible with new
kernels and distributions (e.g. /dev/input/event numbering was changed in
openwrt's 2.6.30 kernel) and add a minor improvements but I'm not going to
implement new gameplay features in the nearest future.

There was my TODO list:
 * non-rectangular walls
 * moving platforms
 * pop-up menu for settings, enabling/disabling optional gameplay features,
accelerometer calibration
 * score system (optional)
 * cheat mode when the phone is upside down (optional)

It was not planned to implement a network game, number of lives and multiple
balls.
As usually: if someone want to participate in development of Mokomaze feel
free to create a fork of the project at github and start coding.

Cheers,
Anton