new Android Cupcake release for Freerunner

Chris Samuel chris at csamuel.org
Sun Sep 27 13:35:22 CEST 2009

On Tue, 22 Sep 2009 06:14:32 am Warren Baird wrote:

> Is there a summary somewhere around what works and what doesn't, and how
> close it is to being usable as an 'every day' phone?

I'm using Michael "Panicking" Trimarchi's v15 image as an everyday phone and
it works nicely.

I've got working GSM (no echo), SMS, Wifi & GPS and I can easily set Ogg files
as my ringtone through the Android "Music" application (tested with Ziggy
Stardust by Bauhaus :-) ).  Bluetooth can see other BT devices but I've never
tried to use it.

Be aware that some of the Android applications you might expect to find if
you've seen a G1 (Android Market, Maps, Google Talk, Voice, GMail, etc) won't
be there as they're not open source and you're not permitted to redistribute
them (as the Cyanogenmod maintainer has just discovered the hard way when
Google asked him to stop distributing his alternative firmware for the G1 with
those apps in).

cheers!
Chris

This email may come with a PGP signature as a file. Do not panic.
For more info see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenPGP