Bluetooth headsets

Jim Morris ml at e4net.com
Mon Sep 28 10:12:48 CEST 2009

Paul Fertser wrote:
> Kahless <haxxx at gmx.li> writes:
>> - Which Headset do you use? My  Headset ("Bluetrek Tattoo") does not
>> give me any sound. I can pair and connect it, but while phoning, theres
>> just a (like no line) Buzz/Static-Noise.
>
> Hm, sounds just like the one i tried to use. Please read the wiki
> page Manually_using_bluetooth, the section where it talks about bluez4
> and GSM headsets. Then borrow another headset and try with it. If it
> works, please add information about both to the list of bluetooth
> headsets [1]. It'd also be interesting to try disable_esco=1 but i
> doubt it will help.
>
> [1] http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/List_of_bluetooth_headsets

As far as I know QTMoko/QTE currently has no support for the bluez4 stuff that is needed to connect
gsm audio to bluetooth. I think that is what Radek needs to add, right now it seems to totally
ignore the audio state for bluetooth, it can just pair.

(I may be wrong as I have not looked at the bluetooth code for qt in a while).

--
Jim Morris, http://blog.wolfman.com