Small improvements suggestion to intone

KaZeR kazer at altern.org
Mon Sep 28 10:23:52 CEST 2009

Hi.

Some weeks ago, i suggested that intone should request the bluetooth
ressource when using a BT headset, and you told me it was already done.

I made some tests this morning :
- start intone, by default mine is set to BT headset
- try to play a track : bluetooth doesn't get enabled, playback will fail
with 'Can't stream to bluetooth'
- go into settings, output will have fall back to speakers
- switch to bt headset, then the ressource gets requested.

So about this, i have two comments :
- could intone request the ressource on startup, if it's already set to bt
headset?
- i never listen to music via the headset, but sometimes playback fails
(e.g. i forgot to poweron my headset). Maybe in that case, the settings
should be kept to 'headset' anyway?

Also, i noticed something else : if you made a call using a bt headset,
first song playback using intone will fail : i hear myself and the
surroundings noises in the headset, as if i was using it for a call.
After a few seconds, i hear a crank, and the device disconnects. After that,
i can stream music using intone (i don't recall if intone freezes at this
point everytime or only sometimes).

On the other hand, if i make a call using the headset, then play a song
using mplayer -ao alsa:device=bluetooth then it works (the headset switches
back to a2dp mode).

I hope you can fix theses issues..

Thanks again for this wonderful piece of code :)