recommendations for headset or 3.5mm adapter

Laszlo KREKACS laszlo.krekacs.list at gmail.com
Mon Sep 28 18:41:35 CEST 2009

On Mon, Sep 28, 2009 at 12:13 PM, Stefan Buschmann <s_buschmann at gmx.de> wrote:
> I've got the official openmoko headset, but I don't like those in-ear
> headphones,

I got a Motorola W388 for 1cent with my contact lens. It was packaged
with a nice
usb micro charger and with a nice 2.5mm headset, which isnt in-ear. It
even has a
button, but it does not seem to work, or dunno how to test it.
So it was a good deal only for the headset;) I never used really the
phone, because
I tried two or three times, and it shutdown when I tried hangup. (a
little longer push
on the cancel button resulted a shutdown). It was so annoying, that I
didnt turn on
since.*

So headsets exist. I have seen 2.5->3.5mm converter too, but what I have seen
was without a small cable, so it was a solid thing coming out of the
phone about 3 cm,
which makes really fragile (prone to break the jack off of the phone).

Best regards,
 Laszlo

*: My gf also wanted to use that phone only for music playing (had a
uSD card slot),
but as it didnt act like a usb thumbdrive, it required some
windows-only driver to
access the uSD,  it was a no-go. (when intone turned out to be useful enough
I bought an another fr for my gf)