[SHR-U] No suspend when no phone app is running

Christian Rüb christian.rueb at gmx.net
Wed Sep 30 17:42:33 CEST 2009

Am Mittwoch, 30. September 2009 17:13:24 schrieb Sebastian Krzyszkowiak:
> On 9/30/09, Christian Rüb <christian.rueb at gmx.net> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > when there is no program running requesting GSM resource my phone does not
> > suspend.
> > This is what I get with mdbus -s -l

> >  [SIGNAL]    org.freesmartphone.Device.IdleNotifier.State    from :1.9
> > /org/freesmartphone/Device/IdleNotifier/0
> > ('suspend',)
> >
> > But the phone does not suspend.
> > Is it not possible to suspend whilst GSM is off?
> >
> > Maybe this is not SHR related but FSO in general?
> >
> > Thanks for helping me here.
> >
> > Cheers,
> >  Christian
>
> That's ophonekitd which suspends phone on 'suspend' idle state on SHR
> with default configuration. Add rule to rules.yaml if you want to have
> it independent.

Thanks for your reply.
May I ask why you do it this way? Why not leave power management in framework? If an application does not want the phone to be suspended it should request resource CPU AFAIK... Thus if you want it not to suspend ophonekitd could request CPU instead of listening to idlenotifier and suspending the phone itself

Christian