apt sources latest qtmoko

Radek Polak psonek2 at seznam.cz
Fri Apr 2 08:50:54 CEST 2010

On Thursday 01 April 2010 18:13:30 Alfa21-mobile wrote:

> btw... if possible, why not include qtmoko in real debian tree? (like fso
> do?)

It should be possible but it would require a lot of work.

First of all - as far as i know Debian prefers native compiling. Compiling on
the device takes a lot of time (days?) if it's even possible. Our build system
if targeted for cross compiling.

Second problem could be QT. I dont know if the QT in debian supports running
on framebuffer. Now we bundle framebuffer enabled QT with Qtopia. This works
quite good because the QT is at fixed version which we know that it works.
Running with older/newer QT's need to be tested and any old/new bugs in those
QT version have to be fixed.

So the answer is - yes, it should be possible, but it's unlikely to happen
unless someone with good skills and a lot of time jumps in.

Regards

Radek