where to get libSDB_terminal.so ?

Rafael Ignacio Zurita rizurita at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 3 00:28:39 CEST 2010

--- On Fri, 4/2/10, Kai-Martin <kmk at familieknaak.de> wrote:

> The transparent design of the fat finger shell intrigues
> me. So I gave it a
> try and installed with opkg from
> http://ffs.projects.openmoko.org/fatfingershell_0.2_armv4t.ipk
>
> Unfortunately, fatfinershell keeps telling me that it needs
>
> libSDB_terminal.so:
>
> /--------------------
> $ fatfingershell
> fatfingershell: error while loading shared libraries:
> libSDL_terminal.so:
> \-------------------
>
> If I use fatfingershell.sh I get:
> /----------------------
> $ fatfingershell.sh
> dark1!!!!!!!!!!!!!=4
> fatfingershell: invalid option -- 'e'
> 0-0-73-124-w-w-1
> 75-1-125-123-q-Q-2
> 129-0-180-123-w-W-1
> 186-0-235-123-e-E-2
> 240-0-290-123-r-R-1
> (...many more similar lines...)
> 422-381-476-479-.->-4
> 478-381-561-478-b-b-3
> 563-381-638-479-f-f-4
> No se pudo iniciar el modo grafico No video mode large
> enough for 640x480
> \-----------------------
>
> What should I do to get fatfinger up and running on my
> Freerunner with SHR-
> unstable installed?

The problem looks like your shr-unstable can not rotate
the screen to get 640x480. I am not sure about the
current situation with xglamo, xserver, etc + xrandr.
It looks like with some kernels it is able to rotate
X with xrandr, and with other kernels we can not.

The script fatfingershell.sh is the proper script to run
fatfingershell. If you try the binary it will complain
with graphic mode and libsdl terminal.

So we need, first, to solve the rotate problem with different
distros and current kernels.

If you only want to understand sdlterminal (fatfingershell uses
it) you can use its home page :

http://www.loria.fr/~rougier/sdl-terminal.html

It seems that the site is broken or it does not exist anymore :(
I have the sources somewhere, so I can send you those or we can
ask author. IIRC the binary library for fatfingershell is
under /usr/share/fatfingershell/libs.

Regards,
Rafa