beautiful qt based

Werner Almesberger werner at openmoko.org
Thu Apr 8 18:43:42 CEST 2010

Christoph Pulster wrote:
> project customers: gone, disappointed of all the bugs and problems

Whether the bugs and problem really bother project customers should
depend a lot on what their specific plans are. E.g., if they plan to
have their own user interface anyway, they wouldn't care much about
any flaws in the existing ones.

However, if I was a project customer, what would scare me most is
that the hardware is no longer being produced and that there's no
follow-on product I could switch to.

The more a project customer plans to invest into the platform, be it
in units purchased or in their own development effort, the more they
need the assurance that their effort won't be wasted. A product
that's already discontinued makes a horrible basis for this.

So I'm not exactly surprised that you don't have hordes of project
customers banging at your door, begging for more FreeRunners.

> lets wake up, the game is over :-(

It's always nice to compare the views of the distributors.

Hmm, what kind of movie character would best reflect the typical
attitude of each ? :) How about

- Pulster: perhaps Marvin the Paranoid Android ?
- Golden Delicious: definitely Angus McGuyver
- Tuxbrain: I'm struggling with this one, Sister Mary Clarence ?

- Werner