project customers (was Re: beautiful qt based)

Werner Almesberger werner at openmoko.org
Fri Apr 9 07:56:00 CEST 2010

I wrote:
> So I'm not exactly surprised that you don't have hordes of project
> customers banging at your door, begging for more FreeRunners.

Perhaps I should clarify that I don't mean to make fun of your
situation. We're all in the same boat here.

But I think it's important to be aware that this kind of completely
non-technical issue can disqualify the product for project
customers.

The irony here is that the openness as such would be a very strong
point in favour of something like the FreeRunner, especially for
those with long-term plans, and it's sad that we (as in "those who
believe in the ideas behind the Openmoko project") have missed this
opportunity so far.

Of course, where something isn't right, there's also an opportunity
to do better :-)

- Werner