[QtMoko] no WLAN support nor USB networking with Windows 7 in QtMoko v18? (FR unusability rant)

Alfa21 freerunner at my.is.it
Sat Apr 10 14:04:21 CEST 2010

2010-04-10 at 03:42 Brolin Empey

> As you can probably tell, I was very frustrated and in rant mode when I

I see! :P

> Windows NT over Linux as a desktop client OS, but I still think the
> distro maintainers should have a release checklist to prevent releasing
> a kernel without RNDIS support, for example.  RNDIS support is critical
> for me because I need it for ssh access to my FR.  I know I could use a

I agree!
I'm a full time linux user but sometime I need RNDIS too.

> try regular Qi instead of qi-bootmenu.  My ext3 rootfs on SD got
> partially corrupted too, though, and apparently I have lost my entire
> calendar + all of my >400 tasks. :((  I will survive, though:  I have
> tried to spend more effort on progressing than worrying about my
> non-critical data loss.

anyway I can suggest you to do backups of your (also non-critical) data _before_ a critical upgrade... and yes, upgrades on moko are _always_ critical also if tagged as "stable" ;)
(in the past I've lost my data too)

> Anyway, sorry about my complaining and ranting.  Sometimes I allow my
> actions to be based on my emotions instead of logical reasoning;  of

you are a human, welcome between us! :)

bye

--
ALFA21 IS PROVIDED "AS IS" AND WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED.