tangoGPS community development, patches (was: tangoGPS magnify patch)

Marcus Bauer marcus.bauer at gmail.com
Mon Apr 12 15:41:35 CEST 2010

On Mon, 12 Apr 2010 13:47:55 +0300
Timo Jyrinki <timo.jyrinki at gmail.com> wrote:

> I wouldn't mind if there was an unofficial, non-endorsed version
> control system and mailing list as well.

Essentially it is the constant threads about forks that have been
started and fuelled over and over again by Risto that keep me having
always a few aces in my sleeve and restricting access to people who I
have confidence that they keep the project over their ego.

As long as nobody speaks up and tells them to shut up, I'll
certainly keep having aces in my sleeve :-)

Nevertheless, this totally doesn't prevent anybody to participate in
the development. In any case up to today nobody here came to me and
said: "hey, how can I help out with the project?" and was refused.

It is important to show that these are a few -albeit very vocal-
people who first want to serve their ego and then the users of the
project.

The fork shouters are known as poisonous people and they can befall any
project. There is a Google talk about the subject from the SVN
developers.

Marcus