tangoGPS community development, patches (was: tangoGPS magnify patch)

Stefan Fröbe frobiac at googlemail.com
Mon Apr 12 16:32:59 CEST 2010

Hi Marcus,

I guess with those prerequisites I won't make any geocaching submission soon
- while all the features are usable as long as you have obtained a GPX file
with all the data, the conversion to an sqlite3 db is done on the CLI with
(one call to) bash/python scripts.

Looking at gpxview [1], for example, I do not want to re-implement all that
again - and as that program now also compiles cleanly without any Maemo
dependancies on my desktop and also has maps support, there might no longer
be a point to patching TangoGPS. GPXView just is more specific and may
therefore well be the better tool for geocaching.

But thanks for the offer, I'll check my history for any other patches I got
queued and come back to you,

Stefan

[1] https://vcs.maemo.org/viewvc/trunk/?root=gpxview