how to contribute to open source projects

Rui Miguel Silva Seabra rms at 1407.org
Tue Apr 13 13:09:26 CEST 2010

You don't have to let anyone in, that's your power :)

But you're creating artificial barriers to participation (no public
read-only SCM -- at the very least -- so people can work on their
patches and adapt to changes in main trunk until they get their patches
just right, keeping "aces up your sleeve", etc...)

You say you do that because of forks, but that behaviour's precisely
what incentivates forks :)

Rui