[E-devel] X11 dependencies hardcoded in ecore_evas

Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) raster at rasterman.com
Sun Apr 18 13:28:51 CEST 2010

On Sun, 18 Apr 2010 11:22:24 +0200 Ed Kapitein <ed at kapitein.org> said:

> Hi Carsten,
>
> Thanks for all the time you take, answering questions about glamo in
> this list, i really appreciate it.
> I am sure i don't understand half of the technology bottle necks that
> the glamo has, but if the limit is 512x512 for 3D and 2D, would it be
> possible to just use 480x512 on the FR? or even 480x480?
>
> 480x512 would leave +/- 12 mm screen unused, but i think that could be a
> fair trade-off if the rest of the screen is much faster ( for video and
> such )
> And perhaps the unused space could be used as status bar or top shelf.
>
> Is this at all possible? i have no deep knowledge about graphic chips,
> so the simpler the answer, there more likely it is that i will
> understand it :-)

i didn't look that far. if you can't use all of the tiny 2.8" u have - it's
useless. imho. waste of time. you could try rendering in multiple passes with 2
buffers and piece them together i guess - but by that stage it was plain -
glamo wasnt intended for vga. qvga was its intended resolution. run at qvga and
you'll be ok. but that will be the case with software rendering too.

The Rasterman (Carsten Haitzler)    raster at rasterman.com