Get GPS working...

Alfa21 freerunner at my.is.it
Tue Apr 20 20:24:04 CEST 2010

2010-04-20 at 19:28 Toby D. Young

> I can not for the life of me get GPS to work using NeronGPS.
> I took the following steps after flashing:
>
> (1) apt-get gpsd (this starts on booting after a little play with the
> config for gpsd).
> neo:~# /etc/init.d/gpsd restart
> Stopping GPS (Global Positioning System) daemon: gpsd.
> Starting GPS (Global Positioning System) daemon: gpsd.

no, you do not have to install gpsd to use nerongps, afaik.
just wait a lot, in particular the first time if you do not use it in 14 days.
(do we save gps emispheres data?)
if you are not sure your gps is powered on while you use the application, do:
cat /dev/ttySAC0
if you see some garbage it's ok... else if it's silent it's ko :)
--
ALFA21 IS PROVIDED "AS IS" AND WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED.