Two queries about Android installation

Neil Jerram neiljerram at googlemail.com
Sun Apr 25 22:05:39 CEST 2010

On 24 April 2010 21:59, James Ancona <jim at anconafamily.com> wrote:

> The installer puts all of Android in NAND. After installation the SD card is
> only used for extra storage (web downloads, media, etc.) Any FAT formatted
> SD card will do. You can run with no SD card in there, but as I recall, some
> things don't work.

> It should boot other distributions from SD. The modification is because
> Andoid uses a different NAND partition layout. If you want to replace
> Android with a different distribution in NAND, you should reflash Qi.
> Hope that helps!

Yes thanks, it does.  It tells me that I can't switch between Debian
and Android completely seamlessly - but that I can at least do it by
swapping SD cards.  Which is probably OK for now.

FWIW, my reason for asking is that I'm now hoping to find something a
bit more swishy and impressive than just basic phone function.  Debian
has been fine for me for basic phone function for some time now, and I
expect to keep that as my mainstay.  But I'd love to be able to
demonstrate how cool the FR is by saying "but look, it can also run
Android, here...".

Regards,
         Neil