[Shr-User] [SHR-T] Images from 29th of May

Risto H. Kurppa risto at kurppa.fi
Tue Aug 3 12:39:49 CEST 2010

On Tue, Aug 3, 2010 at 1:26 PM, Martin Jansa <martin.jansa at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 22, 2010 at 11:33:58AM +0300, Risto H. Kurppa wrote:
>> On Sun, Jul 18, 2010 at 8:45 AM, Risto H. Kurppa <risto at kurppa.fi> wrote:
>> > Hi there!
>> >
>> > The latest SHR-testing images are available at
>> > http://build.shr-project.org/tests/shr-testing/images/om-gta02/
>> >
>> > Martin Jansa / JaMa prepared them in the end of May but it wasn't
>> > announced anywhere - so here you go.
>> > DISCLAIMER: The images have not actually been tested so if you have a
>> > working setup & don't want to risk, wait for some others to first test
>> > these..
>>
>> Some things I've noticed that propably exist also in the latest unstable images:
>> 1) Importing contacts from SIM sometimes imports only partial number,
>> the last digit is missing
>> 2) The contacts are sorted case-sensitively: [A-Z][a-z]: Alpha is the
>> first, alpha is then somewhere in the middle, after Zulu.
>> 3) Same issue as 2) - but with home view & icons: Ventura and Zorro
>> are listed before alpha and omgps
>> 4) Iliwi is missing a button to disconnect from a network
>> 5) SIM manager doesn't sort contacts alphabetically
>>
>> But seems to work for phone calls quite well.
>
> Because of rather positive feedback, I would like to sync it to public feeds
> this week (ie friday).
>
> If you see some terrible bug, scream now and then send patch.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGGGGGGGGGGGGH. That's the scream. But sorry, can't
send you a patch.
One show stopper, the rest can go as 'known issues':
 - importing contacts from SIM doesn't finish clean - some numbers are
either not imported or are missing the last digit -> contacts unusable

Known issues:
- 'can't add contact' -message every now and then when opening
contacts. Not sure but I'd think this affecting the adding of contacts
- things listed above