[QtMoko] how to work on a theme

Radek Polak psonek2 at seznam.cz
Thu Aug 12 15:35:27 CEST 2010

Petr Vanek wrote:

> On Wed, 11 Aug 2010 10:36:07 -0700 (PDT)
>
> Joif <fdvjoif at vodafone.it> (J) wrote:
> >Hi folks!
> >I would like to improve the theme I made (
> >http://openmoko-public-mailinglists.1958.n2.nabble.com/QtMoko-new-theme-tp
> >5333298.html finximod ) but it is real a pain to work "on the fly" on the
> >neo
> >freerunner... You know, connecting the moko via usb, rebooting it more
> >times...  There is a way to try a qtmoko theme without the neo and on
> >a pc? Maybe a virtualization? I thinked about QEMU, but it is possible
> >to use it with qtmoko?
>
> yes, see here:
>
> http://qtmoko.org/wiki/GITs

You can also mount NFS for /opt with qtopia directory on your PC and avoid
transfering filies. Or you can use SSHFS to mount Freerunner's filesystem on
your PC.

For rebooting - you can start/stop just qtopia:

source /opt/qtmoko/qpe.env
/etc/init.d/qpe.sh stop
echo 0 > /sys/bus/platform/devices/neo1973-pm-gsm.0/power_on; qpe

Regards

Radek