[SHR] X forwarding: export DISPLAY?

W. B. Kranendonk wankelwankel at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 17 17:06:05 CEST 2010

--- On Tue, 8/17/10, Xavier Cremaschi <omega.xavier at gmail.com> wrote:
> - if you use kdm or xdm, I don't know :S
I recall having edited /etc/kde/kdmrc to set XDMCP to true instead of false, and Xacces (in /etc/X11?) to get XDMCP between laptop and desktop, but too long ago to recall the details ;-)

> If you want to control the freerunner desktop from your PC,
> you could
> use vnc.
> On the freerunner you start x11vnc :
>     faraway$   x11vnc
> but NOT from a ssh -X, you don't want any redirection
> here.
I thought about that, but I am not sure how to use VNC at a higher resolution than the host. My goal was to use the higher resolution of the laptop screen, so VNC was not an option. Still, thanks for the suggestion :-)

Boudewijn