Unable to boot with u-boot_glamo242.udfu

giacomo 'giotti' mariani giacomomariani at yahoo.it
Thu Aug 19 17:06:50 CEST 2010

Hello everyone,
I'm trying to test the 242 u-boot boot-loader as suggested in a previous
thread[1].
At first I tried to flash it using the following commands:

#flash_eraseall /dev/mtd1
#nandwrite -p /dev/mtd1 u-boot_glamo242.udfu

but I encountered an mtdparts problem as described in the wiki[2].
Searching around I found a solution[3].
That solution let me unable to boot again (a menu with the correct
header and a completely useless "boot" voice appeared as I power+aux the
mobile) until I flashed (this time with dfu-util ;-))  a new version of
u-boot[4] which worked quite well.
I tried again, again with dfu-util, u-boot_glamo242.udfu, but it still
didn't work.

What I noticed:
-my u-boot_env (/dev/mtd2) was quite reach of options (there were 10 of
them);
-the tenth was (and is) always represented something like a smile;
-if I edit u-boot_env (both with [5] and [6], which is a wrapper of [5]
I think) I can't get rid of some duplicated reboot/power off voices and
of the smile.

Have you got any suggestion?
Do you know if there is some way to correct the bug discussed in [2] in
order to improve another wrapper I'm writing[7]?

Thanks

Giacomo

PS I've added the following entry[8] in the wiki, I hope you can add
some informations.

[1]http://www.bsdmn.com/openmoko/glamo/242/u-boot_glamo242.udfu
[2]http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Nandwrite
[3]http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/U-boot#What_if_I_borked_my_bootloader_environment_and_don.27t_get_a_prompt_anymore.3F