no ButtonPress and ButtonRelease tslib touchscreen events in xorg

Johannes Schauer j.schauer at email.de
Mon Aug 23 22:50:44 CEST 2010

hi debian users!
 i have a manually deboostrapped debian sid rootfs running on my freerunner. stuff works fine so far but one remaining issue is that in contrast to last time i boostrappd my system from scratch i now only get MotionNotify events and now mouse button events anymore. I found this out using xev. this is, i can use things like xeyes just fine (the eyes move) but i cannot click anywhere. even more strange is that using low level utilities like ts_test or ts_calibrate recognize a press on the touchscreen just fine. i saw there were many updates to xserver-xorg-input-tslib since the last time i did a build. has anybody else the same issues or knows how to fix it?
 cheers josch
 PS: sry for bad formatting but i cannot access my real machine right now and have to use my crappy webmailer..