A lead on the bluetooth audio suspend problem (QtMoko v26)

Brian Kemp brian.kemp at gmail.com
Thu Dec 2 18:08:22 CET 2010

As far as I can remember there is an issue with bluetooth audio, where
the FreeRunner user cannot hear audio over the bluetooth
headset/handsfree device on outgoing calls until one incoming call has
been received.

I'm using QtMoko v26 and once in a while I can get this to happen.

I have found a workaround, by accident:

After pairing / connecting your bluetooth headset (handsfree in my
case), go to the Profile Editor and play your selected ringtone or alarm
tone (go to select a new ringtone, and let it play once.)

Bluetooth audio then works for me for outgoing calls.

I'm guessing the fact that the phone rings for incoming calls is what is
making it work. :)

Hypothesis: Some sort of initialization routine is taking place when
audio is played over the sidetone.

I don't have the skills to patch, but if this helps anyone, you're
welcome. :)

--
--Brian Kemp
brian.kemp at gmail.com