Qi & QtMoko

Kosa kosa at piradio.org
Fri Dec 10 22:24:59 CET 2010

Hi there!

I've using SHR on my Neo for a year now without upgrading or tuning it.
It just work from the begining and I only needed gps an gsm to be happy.
Eventhough it start failing like a month ago and I want to try QtMoko.

SHR is on nand, so I want to try qtmoko on the microsdcard, but
instructions here[1] for doing so doesn't work, but they seem to be too
easy, so I think I'm not doing it wrong and I'm looking for help.

Step 1:
Flash qi: worked.
Step2:
create an ext3 filesystem on the microSD: worked
Step3:
Untar qtmoko  on the microSD: worked
Step 4:
Turn Neo on with the microSD in it so it boots qtmoko: fail

I think the qtmoko-debian-v30.tar.gz comes without a kernel but
instructions says nothing about getting a kernel from somewhere else.

Thanks in advance.

[1] http://qtmoko.org/wiki/Installation#Method_2:_Installing_on_microSD
[2]
http://sourceforge.net/projects/qtmoko/files/Experimental/qtmoko-debian-v30.tar.gz/download