wiki down?

Harald Welte laforge at gnumonks.org
Wed Dec 22 00:27:48 CET 2010

On Tue, Dec 21, 2010 at 12:58:40PM -0800, Rafael Ignacio Zurita wrote:
> --- On Tue, 12/14/10, Harald Welte <laforge at gnumonks.org> wrote:
> > > Anyone knows what happened to the wiki.openmoko.org?
> >
> > Sorry, this was an unexpected after-effect due to a kernel update
> > on one of our machines.  The virtual machine running the wiki did not
> > come up after the reboot for some reason, and I was only checking the
> > mail / mailinglist service (a different vhost) after the
> > reboot and thought everything was up and running.
> >
> > Please let me know if there are any other oddities,
>
> The projects site is down as well.
> I tried :
> http://projects.openmoko.org/
> http://ffs.projects.openmoko.org/
>
> Is that also related with those machines?

Yes, it is related.  However, the reason for the downtime is the
fact that nobody is maintaining the projects.openmoko.org installation
anymore, and it is running a machine with such old OS + software that
for simple security reasons we had to take it down.

I wish there was a different choice, but we are out of options.  There
is nobody maintaining projects.openmoko.org :(

I was hoping for a solution where we can keep all the old proejcts.om.org
content in read-only mode, but once again, who is supposed to do the sysadmin
work required for that?

:/

Regards,
	Harald