[ANN]: GTA04 (Beagleboard inspired Openmoko Upgrade) - Early Adpoter Program

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Wed Dec 22 08:49:44 CET 2010

Am 22.12.2010 um 08:38 schrieb Andreas Pokorny:

> Hi,

>>> I am quite interested, but a bit hesitant for missing goodies. Do you have some (closer) estimate about what's missing and what which of those things are retrofittable?
>>
>> Since you are not the only one to note this, we thought that we
>> add an Upgrade Kit offer. This includes all the missing parts.
>> "Kit" is not exact since we will have the parts soldered to the
>> PCB, i.e. no additional work for you.
>>
>> The idea is to keep the basic version down in price since not
>> everyone needs everything.
>>
>> Details on the updated order page:
>>
>> http://www.handheld-linux.com/wiki.php?page=GTA04-Early-Adopter&referer=GTA04-Early-Adopter
>
> There is a display module in the order table. Is it an alternative
> display for users without freerunner?

Yes, it is the TD028TTEC1 - the same as used in the
Freerunner. So if you don't own a Freerunner, you
can make the GTA04 useable with this display.

But there is no plastic case, no GSM/GPS antenna and
no speakers etc. provided (yet).

So you can use it only as a PDA or WiFi MID (without
sound/telephony). And, connecting the battery is
a little tricky (but possible).

The main idea to provide a display is that not everyone
wants to disassemble the freerunner core module
(PCB + Display) to easily swap both.