[ANN]: GTA04 (Beagleboard inspired Openmoko Upgrade) - Early Adpoter Program

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Wed Dec 22 12:24:38 CET 2010

Am 22.12.2010 um 12:11 schrieb SZENTE Balint:

> Hello!
>

> At first of all I would like to thank you for your efforts. It's good
> to see that the GTA04 project is progressing well.
>
> On Wed, 22 Dec 2010 09:58:06 +0100
> "Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller" <hns at goldelico.com> wrote:
>
>> The idea behind such chips is to send sound and RDS messages to your
>> FM car radio. I.e. have your radio display a caller ID or navigation
>> hints.
>
> I think this is a very good idea. I personally would be interested in
> the transceiver one, if the price difference is not significant.
> Can you give a rough estimation of the price difference between the
> Si4721 and Si4705?

Our plans include only the Si4721 since the price difference is
neglectable (and depends on number of units, i.e. 50% Si4705 +
50% Si4721 may be more expensive than 100% Si4721).

The only reason is that in some regions it may not be allowed
to operate a (low power) FM transmitter. So the Si4705 is
just a fallback.

Nikolaus