[ANN]: GTA04 (Beagleboard inspired Openmoko Upgrade) - Early Adpoter Program

W. B. Kranendonk wankelwankel at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 23 08:19:41 CET 2010

--- On Wed, 12/22/10, Alfa21 <freerunner at my.is.it> wrote:
> 2010-12-22 at 14:21 W. B. Kranendonk
> > That reminds me... The BeagleBoard can provide up to
> 1280*1024 or 1280*720 if I recall correctly. Do we have
> options to channel that power out of the box? Nikolaus
> why not??
> If all we need is a piece of copper (w/o logic inside)
> cable... today we have many tv-set with hdmi, dvi, vga ports
> all around us! we could go in any hotel and use that
> tv-screen and feel like at home with our mobile computing!
I am aware of the screens all around us, the point seems to me getting the wire out of the box. Could it be redirected to the USB-paths, so that the USB-connector became a DVI-disguised-as-USB? It doesn't have the amount of wires needed, so the available wires had to be multiplexed. In the USB-to-DVI/HDMI/WE(whatever)-converter the signals have to be demuxt again.

Would the "cameraconnector" (the extra connection to the back of the phone) allow for this kind of signalling?

> (for the mouse we have an LCD touchpad hehe)
I hope to develop some programming skills, and make an "allmightymouse" out of our phone: (2D/3D) acceleration instead of a ball/led and mouse buttons onscreen. Later on with button profiles per application. Don't hold your breath though..;-)

Boudewijn