elm_browser NEW release 15 Jan

c_c cchandel at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 1 02:50:09 CET 2010

Hi,

Petr Vanek wrote:

> ..one has to do the following taps:
> menu->page->page->reload

  It's to do with the menu in elementary. Would moving reload back to the
main menu help?

Petr Vanek wrote:

> other then then (in the scope of fixability, i.e. combo lists are not
> working, but this is probably *libwebkit issue) it's working great.

  That's an issue with the default.edj that comes with libewebkit0. Maybe
someone with edje experience can help.

Petr Vanek wrote:

> finger scrolling is good, except one issue - if there is an image in the
> way, it gets selected which slow the browser down a great deal. not sure
> what to do about that...

  Hmm, This selection bit is a little ugly. Unfortunately, I can't seem to
access the webkit settings part through libewebkit. Maybe selection could be
switched off - since we're not really looking at saving parts of the page at
this stage.

Vladimir Berezenko wrote:

> Both ventura and elm-eve both shows black window with small overlapped
> images in the left upper corner in SHR unstable latest.

  That seems to be a problem with some EFL/elementary programs. I believe
something has changed upstream with EFL. A complete rebuild might help - but
doesn't fix things for me for quite a few programs. Should get fixed soon
though.