[QtMoko] No GSM network after buying new battery

Margo keegiveel at gmail.com
Wed Feb 3 23:25:40 CET 2010

Hi,
I bought a new GTA02 battery from the Pulster shop. If I replaced my
old battery with the new one, my freerunner couldn't connect to the
GSM network. The message "No network" stays on the homescreen and the
touchscreen doesn't respond (The power button does).

If I ssh to the phone and restart qpe, the spinning clock icon stays
on the homescreen and the screen keeps flickering. The touchscreen now
responds but still no GSM network and it doesn't show my SIM contacts.

Everything works if I use the old battery.

I checked with SHR testing too - no problem there with the new
battery. So it seems to be QtMoko problem.

It's a very strange problem and I don't know what to do or what log
files to check. Has anyone else seen such thing? Or can someone who
bought a battery from Pulster try if QtMoko works with it?

Margo