What to do with a broken touchscreen?

Stacy Millions slm3095om at Millions.Ca
Thu Feb 4 23:48:56 CET 2010

Helge Hafting wrote:

> Failing that, is it possible to replace the touchscreen hardware? Is
> spare parts available? Or will I have to replace the entire phone?

You can replace the screen. It is stuck to the main board, so you must
be very gentle when you remove it and make sure you disconnect the
ribbon cable that connects it to the main board before you try to remove
the screen.

As for spares, you can get them on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280457673050

I have had no dealings with this seller, I just happened to notice that
he was selling replacement screens for the FreeRunner.

-stacy