QtMoko webkit related crash in v16 and multiplexing

Denis Johnson denis.johnson at gmail.com
Fri Feb 5 01:01:29 CET 2010

On Fri, Feb 5, 2010 at 1:42 AM, Denis Johnson <denis.johnson at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 4, 2010 at 6:40 PM, ghislain <ghislain at basetrend.nl> wrote:
>> You don't need to unpack the kernel-modules because they are already
>> unpacked and depmodded in the rootfs.img.
> Prior to flashing the image I also used qtbackup while v16b was
> loaded. However after I flashed v16d and then 'tar -xvf
> /media/card/qtbackup.tgz' I'm a little concerned that maybe this
> incorrectly changes back some settings or files corrected by v16d.
> Thoughts ?

I'm sorry to reply to my own post and create additional noise but for
completeness and in case this helps anyone else, I found that after my
restore of v16b backup onto v16d, no matter ho many times I reboot, it
fails to find to get the network. Just stays on "searching for
network". However wifi seems ok.

So I surmise there must be something in the backed up settings/config
causing this. I'm now going to install clean v19 and not do the
restore

cheers Denis