Experiment: better sound on remote end

Gilles Filippini pini at debian.org
Sat Feb 6 17:36:53 CET 2010

Neil Jerram a écrit , Le 06/02/2010 15:51:
> On 2 December 2009 13:47,  <rms at 1407.org> wrote:
>>        3. change control 63 (it's also on line 63), so that it ends in 3 rather than in 2:
>>         * Old value: 63:'Mic Sidetone Mux':1:2
>>         * New value: 63:'Mic Sidetone Mux':1:3
> So: yes, I can confirm that changing 'Mic Sidetone Mux' from 'Mic 2'
> to 'Right PGA' improves call audio for my callees.  My wife even
> described it as 'quite fine' :-).

+1.

I've been using this setting for one week now and I've the very same
comment from my wife ;) And now I can take a call while being in a noisy
train.

BTW, this is also the default QtMoko setting, where I found it from.

Please, could someone elaborate on *why* it would be to avoid[1] as a
default setting?

Thanks,

_g.

[1] <http://www.mail-archive.com/community@lists.openmoko.org/msg56045.html>