[Shr-User] Maintain(er) OpenMokoProjects [was: Openmoko projects page down]

Risto H. Kurppa risto at kurppa.fi
Sat Feb 6 21:56:29 CET 2010

Nice to hear Openmoko projects site is back online.
I have no idea who maintains it but I guess it's someone from Openmoko Inc.

On Thu, Jan 7, 2010 at 9:47 AM, Michael Pilgermann <KichKasch at gmx.de> wrote:

> Bringing me to my next question (all?) - what would be an adaquate location for hosting application level projects for Openmoko? Any experience? -> I really liked the idea and functionality (SVN, WIKI and docs, News, File releases, Tracker) OpenMokoProjects provided - and in the end, you could easily browse through a bunch of applications for the Freerunner / Openmoko.
>
> I can think of (but):
> - sourceforge.net (for my taste has become too much marketing touchy)
> - google code (well; it's still Google)
> - some corner on SHR web side??
> - github.com (I have no experience at all; but it looks like providing most of the functionality I mentioned before
> - feshmeat.net (would only be for the "front page" I guess)

Google Code seems to work well, I don't have experience from others. I
would also think Google is reliable enough that it'll not just
disappear from the net. And since working on public/open data, it
really doesn't matter if you store it somewhere else - Google will
find it anyway :)

> Writing all this; I remember discussions on these lists here about an Openmoko application directory.? I can't remember the outcome of this discussion - has anything evolved from it?

David Reyes Samblas Martinez <david at tuxbrain.com> has been working on
it. He took apt-portal code (running at playdeb.net, available at
https://edge.launchpad.net/apt-portal) and wrote the required parts to
use .opk/.ipk repositories. There are no published results visible
yet, I hope he'll show us something soon :)