[Shr-User] Quick e-mail poll: Still using your Freerunner?

Ed Falk falk at efalk.org
Sat Feb 6 22:16:05 CET 2010

I bought my Freerunner over a year ago.  On the first boot, it made a
very loud raucus sound which, as far as I know, blew out the speaker, as
I have never heard an undistorted sound come out of it.

I discovered that the only way to adjust the volume was to log in
remotely and run a command-line volume control application.

I tried to develop a GPS application for it, but GPS would not work if
there was an SD card installed.

The device drew so much power that the battery was only good for an hour
or so, and the device grew too hot in my hand to hold.

At this point, I realized that the Freerunner was not yet ready for
prime time.  I put it back in its box and put the box on a shelf.  The
battery is surely dead by now.

I hope someday that the software will become mature enough for me to try
again, but unfortunately, I just don't have the time to work on it.

So no, I'm not still using my Freerunner.

Is there a "how to" document on the wiki that might tell someone in my
shoes how to bring the device up to date so that I can try again?

	-ed falk