Installer

ghislain ghislain at basetrend.nl
Mon Feb 8 21:30:15 CET 2010

Serdar,

I'm using it for the installer-images I create to install QtMoko, I just
adjusted the Qi-bootloader (I now use the latest Qi), I made some changes to
what to install with BusyBox (removed some, added some), and I changed the
init-script (I removed the userdata.img, added "restore" function of
qtbackup.tgz).

I got the first info on how the installer works from Marcelo Magallon (from
the Koolu project), this is what information he told me:

/quote:

mkdir freerunner-installer
cd freerunner-installer
cd repo init -u git://git.koolu.org/freerunner/platform/manifest.git -b
installer
repo sync
make

That will create something that looks like this:
bootloader
busybox
installer
kernel
Makefile
mtd-utils

The script that run on boot is found under installer.  You need the
OpenMoko toolchain to build this.  I believe there's a .deb on the web
site (Koolu's I mean) for this.  To see how the kernel is built, look
first at kernel/Koolu.mk and then at kernel/Makefile.android.

rebuild
Beware, that makefile is broken, if you change stuff the kernel won't
be rebuilt properly, you have to delete
out/kernel/arch/arm/boot/uImage to force it to rebuild.

:quote/

I just started to update all to the newest versions (kernel, busybox,
mtd-utils, etc), but I got stuck in booting the kernel. I need to hack a
little more before I can post all the necessary steps (I will also look into
your patch to see what it does).

Regards,

Ghislain
http://www.basetrend.nl BaseTrend  -  http://www.openmobile.nl openmobile.nl