Quick e-mail poll: Still using your Freerunner?

Marcus Bauer marcus.bauer at gmail.com
Tue Feb 9 23:55:09 CET 2010

On Wed, 10 Feb 2010 09:33:03 +1100
Neil Brown <neilb at suse.de> wrote:
> The recent innovation of compiling the kernel with the go-slow straps
> removed has had a significant improvement on my experience.  Now if
> only I could figure out why the gprs is not reliable I'd be on my way
> to being happy.

I have never tested GPRS for more than 12 hours but I always felt that
it was rocking stable, keeping the connection while moving around. At
least on hackable1, rev4 which basically is Debian Lenny.

But then maybe your phone is unhappy because it expects your to run SuSE
on it ;-)

Marcus (who -for the records- used SuSE before they had version numbers
and were simply called November 1994, coming in ugly brown boxes with
some green thingy on them)