Quick e-mail poll: Still using your Freerunner?

Neil Brown neilb at suse.de
Wed Feb 10 01:49:19 CET 2010

On Tue, 9 Feb 2010 23:55:09 +0100
Marcus Bauer <marcus.bauer at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 10 Feb 2010 09:33:03 +1100
> Neil Brown <neilb at suse.de> wrote:
> > The recent innovation of compiling the kernel with the go-slow straps
> > removed has had a significant improvement on my experience.  Now if
> > only I could figure out why the gprs is not reliable I'd be on my way
> > to being happy.
>
> I have never tested GPRS for more than 12 hours but I always felt that
> it was rocking stable, keeping the connection while moving around. At
> least on hackable1, rev4 which basically is Debian Lenny.

I have never had any problem when browsing on the phone itself.  But whenever
I try to  use it as an internet connection for my notebook (usb from notebook
to freerunner, with all the appropriate SNAT and routing tables set up) it
works for a few hundred K and then just seizes up.  I wonder if it is some
sort of flow-control issues over the serial link to the GSM device, but that
is all supposed to be hardware flow-control and certainly seems to be set up
properly.

> But then maybe your phone is unhappy because it expects your to run SuSE
> on it ;-)

Maybe it is :-)

NeilBrown