RFC: FSOSHRCON 2010 kickoff

David Wagner deubeuliou at gmail.com
Wed Feb 10 18:12:01 CET 2010

Serdar Dere a écrit :
> Am 09.02.10 02:24, schrieb Michael 'Mickey' Lauer:
>> Dear guys,
>>
>> I just returned from FOSDEM (*) where we had a mini Openmoko devroom.
>> Seeing all the interested people and experiencing the scent of imminent
>> breakthroughs wrt. supporting foreign platforms got me really motivated
>> to kick off this year's FSOSHRCON. I consider last year being a good
>> start, but am 100% sure we can do even better this year.
>>
>> Before we go into the detail planning, we have to talk about the rough
>> plans. Here are my proposals, please comment.

Hi

I will gladly attend this year's edition again !

>> =Timeframe=
>>
>> I'd like us to meet in summer, i.e. somewhere during the May - August
>> timeframe. We have to try to avoid school holidays and summer vacations
>> (especially for those of us who have kids) though.
>>
>> =Duration=
>>
>> I'm afraid it needs to be a weekend, but we should aim to have two fully
>> productive days (think about losing at least one day for arrival and
>> setup plus cleaning up and departure), so it'd be best if we could
>> either add a friday or a monday to the bouquet.

I agree with that ; the holidays are not a problem for me, as I'm still
a student. (Plus, I'm planning on spending the August holidays in germany)

>> =Location=
>>
>> This largely depends on the scope of this conference. I found last
>> year's meeting @ LinuxHotel very pleasant and supercheap. The
>> requirements are a big room where we can sit on a round or squared table
>> with video and networking equipment.

The room we had was just large enough last year and I believe we may
expect more people this year...

>> =Program=
>>
>> Last year we had a strong focus on getting to know each other and giving
>> presentations. While that's all good, I'd like to attempt something more
>> focused this year. I would love to come there with some concrete goals,
>> such as:
>>
>> *) Porting SHR to fsogsmd.
>> *) Porting FSO&  SHR to the HTC Dream.
>> *) Porting FSO&  SHR to the Palm Pre.
>> *) Unbreaking libfso-glib for C users.
>> *) Porting SHR-Settings to Vala.
>> etc. etc.

If it's not done yet at the time of the f9n (well, rather f7n it seems),
and if some people are interested, that would be also great to add
"porting h:1 to FSO". +1 for unbreaking libfso-glib, btw.