[Shr-User] Alternatives to FR

GNUtoo GNUtoo at no-log.org
Wed Feb 10 21:26:43 CET 2010

On Mon, 2010-01-04 at 01:12 +0000, William Kenworthy wrote:
> What alternatives to the FR (with the same functionality) are there?  I
> want 3G phone/sms access and the FR doesnt cut it any more ...
None yet,palm pre comming very soon...(huge progress have been made with
the modem.)

> The android phones (htc dream?) - none of which are fully functional on
> FSO/SHR (I think), and access through android to the underlying system
> is minimal.
Kernel work has not been finished yet,we are working on it:
Status here:
http://www.htc-linux.org/wiki/index.php?title=Dream#Status
But in another hand you can already use the modem.

> Flow - good but pricy, and unless I am looking at the design wrong,
> there is only one adapter/interface socket so you can have a phone, or a
> GSM device, but not both at the same time.
>
> Nokia n900 - probably the best choice at this time.
The N900 is very proprietary:
http://wiki.maemo.org/Free_Maemo
The thing in red in the image are proprietary,including some core things
like battery charging.

Denis.