[Shr-User] Quick e-mail poll: Still using your Freerunner?

Warren Baird wjbaird at alumni.uwaterloo.ca
Fri Feb 12 06:51:06 CET 2010

I haven't turned my FR on since I got a nokia n900 a few weeks back.  It has
all of the things that appeal to me about the FR - I can 'apt-get install'
the software I want, I can ssh into it, etc. *BUT* it's better in so many
ways.   The UI is so much more responsive, the phone is so much more
reliable.  I can confidently make and receive calls!   It has fantastic
built-in email and IM apps, and I can run pidgin for IRC.   Evince works
great, and the wide screen display is gorgeous for reading e-books.  It very
reliably connects to wifi...  It does a great job of playing SD TV episode
video.  I could go on for a while longer...

About the only real negative I've noticed is that the battery life isn't
great - I get maybe 12-14 hours on a charge --- it doesn't seem to be
suspending at all in the sense that the FR does - I think it just blanks the
screen and maybe slows the processor down...

Oh, and the equivilent app to 'openmoocow' isn't quite as nice - which is
almost a deal-breaker for my 2.5 year old daughter - she definitely prefers
the FR.

Warren

On Tue, Dec 29, 2009 at 3:30 PM, Risto H. Kurppa <risto at kurppa.fi> wrote:

> Do you use FR as your daily/primary phone?
> Do you use FR as your primary PDA?
>
> What distribution you run most of the time?
>
> If you don't use FR as your daily phone/PDA, what phone did you change
> over to, and why?
>

> Thank you :)

> --
> | risto h. kurppa
> | risto at kurppa dot fi
> | http://risto.kurppa.fi

Warren Baird - Photographer and Digital Artist
http://www.synergisticimages.ca