[Shr-User] Advance planning for SHR-Stable release party :)

rakshat hooja rakshat at gmail.com
Fri Feb 12 16:56:29 CET 2010

On Fri, Feb 12, 2010 at 8:45 PM, Sebastian Spaeth <Sebastian at sspaeth.de>wrote:

> On Fri, 12 Feb 2010 17:57:18 +0530, rakshat hooja <rakshat at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > I am not very sure when SHR Stable will be released (I assume in the next
> 2
> > months) but it would be great if we could plan small SHR stable release
> > parties across the world. Basically these would be SHR and other OM
> distro
> > users (and interested friends and family) getting together for a drink
> and
> > some food (and accompanieng geek talk/ distro wars/ show off my
> > customizations are cooler than yours etc) to celebrate the SHR Stable
> > release.
>
> hehe, given that we don't have an shr-stable manager, I see little hope
> for this at the moment. I am currently in the process of updating
> shr-testing in a new branch, and when that is pushed out, I will
> basically rename shr/testing2009 to shr/stable. However, I will not be
> able to make sure that any upgrades from one stable to the next stable
> will work, I simply don't have the time (or motivation) for that.
>
> spaetz

When you rename it SHR/stable SHR Stable would have been released and we can
have our celebrations :) Nomenclatures matter! And from your mail I infer
there will be a next stable release also :)  Thanks for the great work you
are doing.

Rakshat

PS - So are we looking at a Feb or March renaming or testing to stable?