[ANNOUNCE] qi-bootmenu-0.1 for GTA02

Marc Andre Tanner openmoko at brain-dump.org
Sat Feb 13 14:25:41 CET 2010

Hi,

I finally found the time to package up my current state of things which
works ok here at least for GTA02. Kernel + Qi can be downloaded from:

 http://www.brain-dump.org/projects/qi-bootmenu/

It would be nice if the various distros out there could place their
kernels in /boot/uImage-$MACHINE.bin where $MACHINE is either GTA01
or GTA02. This makes sure that they will be detected by qi-bootmenu.
You can optionally also place a logo in /boot/bootlogo.png which
will be displayed along the partition name.

As for GTA01 support I'm playing around with a 2.6.32 based kernel
but with the initramfs embedded the result is to big ~2.4M. So we
need to shrink it by 400K to fit into the kernel partition. Not yet
sure how this should be done without either losing features (usb
network access for example) or repartitioning NAND (dropping the
uboot splash screen partition) but I personally don't want to take
the latter route, so we will see...

Thanks,
Marc

--