MC Navi released

Risto H. Kurppa risto at kurppa.fi
Sat Feb 13 18:19:52 CET 2010

On Sat, Feb 13, 2010 at 3:47 PM, Sander van Grieken <sander at 3v8.net> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I made a quick untested binary package for SHR-T, and I gotta run now so I can't test
> myself, but maybe it's of use to someone.
>
> see http://3v8.net/~sander/openmoko/mcnavi_0.2.4-r0.4_armv4t.ipk

Installed OK, now I'm trying to use it (well, actually I installed the
64-bit deb on my desktop to run the map making faster..)

http://www.gps-routes.info/index.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=1

Do I get correctly that I first download
http://download.geofabrik.de/osm/europe.osm.bz2 (2.9G)
to be able to run
osm2mcmap -bt 0 -bo boundary.mcb map.osm
to create the boundary data.

Then I download
http://download.geofabrik.de/osm/europe/finland.osm.bz2 (67M)
to create the map:
osm2mcmap -bi boundary.mcb -mo map.mcm map.osm

Let's see if my 2G of mem +2G of swap is enough :)

4.5 hours to go to download europe.osm.bz2..