[SHR] Application for desktop categories

Michael Smith openmoko at netapps.com.au
Thu Feb 18 11:41:39 CET 2010

On Thu, 18 Feb 2010 11:25:36 +0100
Martin Jansa <martin.jansa at gmail.com> wrote:

> Haven't tried it yet, but from what I'm reading, does it just move the
> .desktop file to subdir and then if I reinstall some package (and
> original .desktop file is restored) then I'll see both icons?

It renames the .desktop for the application to .desktop.ignore which is ignored by the illume desktop. If the select the All icon then all desktop files are restored. You should probably do this before you upgrade any applications. The worst thing which could happen is if a desktop file changes in an upgrade and is hidden during an upgrade the new version would be overwritten by the old one when the desktop file is restored.

> Please also note that illume2 homescreen is said to be much more easier
> to customize/improve and shr-launcher/DeskCat features would be nice to
> have integrated there as SHR will move to illume2 as soon as it gets as
> usable as illume1 is now (hopefully soon as every new illume2 version is
> getting closer fast).

Thats worth noting, thanks.
--
Michael Smith