Debian - issues

omcomali.rhn at porcupinefactory.org omcomali.rhn at porcupinefactory.org
Fri Feb 19 19:57:00 CET 2010

Hi,

I just installed Debian to be able to use some packages from the repos, and I need help to get it to behave.

It's installed on SD card with multiple partitions, but how to mount the other partitions? I couldn't find the relevant device files in /dev, except for mtdX, which are character devices and probably related to builtin NAND anyway.

Another issue: wlan. I'm using a 2.6.29 kernel (I don't know if it's the kernel I use on my primary SHR or Debian-installed one). I know there are some WiFi problems with it, but my research suggested people were able to use it sometimes. In my case, the network device is not even present... Can I do something about this?

Bonus question: why does Debian feel (and compile stuff) so much faster than SHR?

Cheers,
rhn