[debian] ofono

Neil Jerram neiljerram at googlemail.com
Fri Feb 19 23:49:24 CET 2010

On 19 February 2010 11:10, Jeroen Wouters <woutersj at gmail.com> wrote:

> There is yafono that provides Ofono support for Telepathy:
> http://telepathy.freedesktop.org/wiki/Yafono
> I can't get it to build though.

Thanks for your suggestions!  Telepathy is interesting for the longer
term, but even if it did build I don't think that's what I want right
now - too many layers.

> Then there is a distribution for the Freerunner called Neophysis. They
> are building their own framework and GUI on top of ofono:
> http://www.mail-archive.com/ofono@ofono.org/msg00807.html
> http://neophysis.sourceforge.net/images/neophysis-testing/

Yes, indeed.  Unfortunately it seems that none of neophysis's code
browsing options (svn and git at sourceforge) is working yet... but I
suppose it should be easy to extract the test ncurses GUI from their
tarball.  (I'm not personally attracted by the option of installing a
complete new distribution.)

Regards,
         Neil