Debian - issues

Timo Juhani Lindfors timo.lindfors at iki.fi
Fri Feb 19 23:58:53 CET 2010

omcomali.rhn at porcupinefactory.org writes:
> debian> uname -r
> 2.6.29-20100118.gita15608f2

udev was changed recently and it does not work with this kernel. You
probably need to wait for a new version to be uploaded.

>> > Another issue: wlan. I'm using a 2.6.29 kernel (I don't know if it's

This a known regression.

#2327 wifi sometimes fails to start with "ar6000_activate: Failed to activate -4" when DEBUG_KERNEL/PREEMPT are disabled
-- http://docs.openmoko.org/trac/ticket/2327

[pkg-fso-maint] linux-2.6-openmoko-20100118.gita15608f and wlan/touchscreen bugs?
-- http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/pkg-fso-maint/2010-February/002590.html

> A synthetic benchmark (only the ending for brevity):

The kernel you are using has CONFIG_DEBUG_KERNEL disabled. Disabling
debugging makes things faster but also causes the wlan and touchscreen
bugs.